Tofino Software EDI PunchOut Module
Tofino released its cXML-enabled eCommerce module for OCI and cXML "PunchOut" portals.
Tofino’s PunchOut module is integrated into its enterprise Supply Room and Integrated Supply management solution.
Punch Out allows buyers to securely access a supplier's online web store while they are using the Tofino Resource Management Suite (TRMS) application. The buyer uses the supplier's web site to search and select items for purchase and then fill a shopping cart. The shopping cart of items is then sent via the Internet in real time to TRMS. The procurement application converts the shopping cart into a requisition or a PO, which is worked, approved and in the case of a requisition, converted to a Purchase Order. The Purchase Order is then sent to the supplier.
Tofino provides cXML or XML EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) for Purchase Order transmission to the supplier for a seamless experience.
The six key benefits of PunchOut, according to the company:
- Reducing operational costs
- Eliminating manual PO entry
- Allowing purchasing to interface with other company systems
- Ensuring adherence to negotiated contracts
- Allowing management to control purchasing budgets
- Delivering the right information to customers